1) 3 days prior to Peel Appointment - Do hold any retinoids such as Accutane, Tazorac, Retin-A, Renova, Differin, Veltin, Atralin or Ziana unless instructed otherwise by your physician.
2) If you have a history of cold sores, please DO let the nurse or physician know. If you already have a prescription for Valtrex – please take your prescribed dose for 3 days before your peel and 3 days post your peel or as directed.
3) You must be off of antibiotics (have completed your medications) for 7 days prior to any Lux Peel. Skin will react to peels and it can be harmful. You must disclose if you are taking antibiotics.
4) Do not come for a peel with an existing sunburn. These peels are potent and can result in increased redness and irritation if client has current sunburn or abrasions to the skin.
5) Come to the appointment with a clean face if possible.
6) Do not expose yourself to exercise, heat or sweating after your treatment for 48 hours.
Post Chemical Peel
1) DO wash twice a day with the recommended cleanser.
2) Liberally apply the recommended moisturizer after cleansing and throughout the day as needed to prevent dryness and formation of crust (ZO Skin, Lorenol Post Treatment Balm, PCA Skin Kit, Aquaphor, Cetaphil, CeraVe).
3) Do NOT vigorously rub the skin and DO NOT pick at the flaking skin as this may cause scarring. Scarring can be pitting or hyperpigmentation. You may cut off loose dry skin with small facial scissors. Do not pick off. You may lightly shave after 24 hours.
4) Sun protection is critical. You should NOT have any sun exposure; wear a Lux recommended broad spectrum sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 50. This includes driving to work.
5) Obviously, do not use a tanning salon. Avoid using waxing, chemical deplicatores, sugaring or other peel products for 7 days. Avoid retinols, salicylic acid and AHA acids for 48 hours.
6) AVOID laser treatments, waxing, the use of depilatories, or microdermabrasion for 3 weeks.
7) DO wait 7 days before resuming the use of Retin-a (tretinoin), Renova, Differin, Tazorac, Ziana, Veltin, Atralin, glycolic acids.
8) Do not use a Facial Brush or any other exfoliating agents such as a Clarisonic Brush, Risk of infections are common from reusing facial brushes.
9) AVOID swimming, sauna, or whirlpool use for at least 7 days after the peel.
10) Do no expose yourself to sweating for 48 hours post facial peel. Sweating can increase dirt and germs to exposed skin and result in a rash. Heat can reactivate the chemicals. Keep skin cool and treated with post peel products.
11) If you were instructed to take an antiviral medication, DO complete the prescribed course.
12) The procedure may cause swelling, redness, crusting, dryness, skin sensitivity, itching, and peeling of the site which could last for 1-2 weeks. In the days after the peel, the skin may feel and look tight, with parchmentpaper like changes or darkening. These are expected reactions. The paper feel is skin that will soon peel. Stay the course. Your follow up facial in 4 weeks will help to remove any remaining dried skin to further enhance you beautiful Lux look.
13) If you have any questions or concerns, do no hesitate to contact your provider at 844-589-7233. Working together will result in a beautiful outcome. We want you to have an outstanding result. If you have any questions or unexpected concerns, please call the office for assistance.