THE ZO GETTING SKIN READY & ZO PRODUCT EXCELLENCE
Dr. Obagi’s philosophy is to create & maintain healthy skin for life – for all patients. Our products are formulated & developed to do just that. Guided by Dr. Zein Obagi, a practicing dermatologist, our product development team is constantly reviewing market trends, sourcing new ingredients and formulating products that will provide your patients with visible results.
The dynamic bond between science and skin health is the essence of ZO Skin Health, Inc. Our comprehensive and continuous work in skin health solutions utilize the best of what science has to offer to improve our skin’s natural functions that prevent or resolve many disorders. We look to science for developing products that create and maintain healthy skin for life – for all patients.
THE ZO GLOW STIMULATION PEEL
ZO Ossential Stimulator Peel and it works wonders in minutes. It’s a quick and easy treatment that can be done in your lunch hour to miraculously smooth away fine to moderate lines and wrinkles, acne, age spots, uneven pigmentation and rough skin texture.
The Ossential Stimulator Peel is designed to exfoliate the skin by stimulating cellular turnover to improve skin tone, texture and clarity. And the best part is that there is no downtime, peeling or redness afterwards; just glowing, healthy skin.
This peel is affectionately known as the “Red Carpet Peel” owing to the number of celebrities that avail of it before they have to look picture perfect for red carpet events, and can’t afford to hide away with the redness of flaking that some strong peels cause.
Ossential is gentle on the skin but strong enough to make a visible difference, brightening and refreshing the face for a youthful, dewy look.
This peel contains 3 different acids to exfoliate your skin and promote cell turnover; with 10% Salicylic Acid, 10% Lactic Acid and 10% Citric Acid. These are known as AHA or Alpha Hydroxy acids – they dissolve dead skin cells and give a great exfoliation to the upper layers of the skin. The salicylic acid works on oily, acne prone skin, and the citric acid gives the skin a healthy glow.
Just one peel will see results, but maximum benefits can be achieved with a series of three to four peels carried out at two week intervals.
ZO Stimulator Peel Can:
- Soften and rejuvenate sun damaged skin
- Increase skin tolerance
- Improve the appearance of age spots or freckles
- Help with the appearance of hyperpigmentation
- Soften fine lines and wrinkles
- Stimulate the production of collagen
- Exfoliate the skin
The timing of the peel is important, as fresher skin becomes more evident in several days. Please call LUX AESTHETIC MEDICAL SPA to book yours in plenty of time for the next important event.
THE ZO SKIN HEALTH Retinol Stimulation Peel
- A physician-directed, at-home peel that utilises Ossential® Advanced Radical Night Repair for epidermal renewal and dermal stimulation.
- High potency 1.0% retinol encapsulated in time-released microspheres that penetrate the epidermis and deliver maximum efficacy with minimal irritation.
- Provides superficial exfoliation, promotes cell turnover and stimulates deeper cellular activity for firmer more even toned skin.
- Improves the appearance of the skin and also its ability to repair and renew itself.
- Highly tolerable with no downtime.
- Ideal for the face, neck, and chest.
- Has potent antioxidant, anti-redness and anti-irritation effects.
- Stabilizes the epidermis and skin barrier function.
Benefits of This Peel
- Repairs damaged surface skin
- Strengthens skin and reduces sensitivity
- Improves skin texture
- Tightens large pores
- Reduces and corrects abnormal surface pigmentation and sun damage
- Minimises the appearance of fine lines
- Brightens, smooths and tightens skin for a more youthful appearance
Your At-Home Step
The Ossential® Advanced Radical Night Repair is a key at-home step for the ZO Retinol Stimulation Peel. But what are its benefits for the skin?
- It has the highest concentration of retinol in an over-the-counter product retinol
- It stimulates epidermal renewal and collagen production and helps even skin tone
- Contains vitamins A, C, and E to provide powerful antioxidant protection, preventing future skin ageing
- This anti-ageing serum also suppresses irritation and redness to restore a more youthful skin tone
- But it doesn’t stop there, this incredible serum also hydrates and restores the skin barrier with essential lipids to reverse dry, dull skin
ZO® 3-STEP PEEL™
What is the ZO 3-Step Peel?
A highly effective treatment for the many signs of skin aging, this peel is ideal for treating Melasma, sun damage, fine lines, uneven texture, large pores, dull skin, and even acne! Suitable for any skin type or color.
How does it work?
- Step 1 of the system is the application of the peel solution to exfoliate the skin.
- Step 2 is the application of the Stimulating Retinol Creme that works to stimulate cellular function at a deep level for collagen enhancement, firming, and wrinkle reduction.
- Step 3 is the application of the Calming Creme that works to minimize inflammation and irritation that may result from the first two steps as well as restore the moisture balance of the skin.
Most peels do a great job of exfoliating the skin; however, Step 2, the Stimulating Retinol Creme (Vitamin A) is key to the great results.
- Vitamin A is a key vitamin that the skin needs topically.
- Oral consumption does not address the topical deficiency.
- Vitamin A improves overall skin health and is one of the most effective OTC ingredients for aging skin
- Vitamin A in ZO Skin care products are able to go inside the cell to stimulate cellular function at the dermal level
- Vitamin A simultaneously repairs damage at the epidermal leve
What makes the ZO 3-Step Stimulation Peel so special?
This multi-functional peel provides longer lasting benefits and usage studies show that post-treatment peeling is mild to moderate and any discomfort is mitigated by the ZO® Medical Calming Crème sent home with the patient. Further, the 3-Step Stimulation Peel corresponds with Dr. Obagi’s new skincare philosophy emphasizing skin health. “Physicians and skincare professionals should focus on making skin continuously healthy rather than transiently treating symptoms of poor skin health.”
What areas do you treat with this peel?
The most common area treated is the face; however this peel can be performed on the face, neck, chest, hands and even the arms and legs.
How long do the results last?
Skin peels often achieve instant, glowing results and tighter, smoother, brighter-looking skin after just one peel, although a series of treatments can be repeated every 3-4 weeks for deeper repair.
How is the procedure performed?
Step 1: Peel Solution is applied to your skin with 17% salicylic acid, 10% TCA and 5% lactic acid to remove the outer most layer of skin (the epidermis).
Step 2: Retinol Crème (6%) is then applied to your skin. Application of this following the superficial peel allows the retinol to penetrate to the deeper parts of your skin where it is needed to stimulate your cells to turn over causing wrinkle reduction, improvement of irregular pigmentation and firming and toning. The retinol cream also contains ubiquinone, which stimulates cellular renewal, marrubium vulgare and leontopodium alpinum meristem which are powerful antioxidants, beta-glycan which protects your DNA, and myristoyl tripeptide to boost collagen to reduce wrinkles.
Step 3: Calming Crème – Post Procedure Skin Relief is applied to relieve irritation and restore moisture balance. This crème includes agents to increase hyaluronic acid and collagen production as well as improve the barrier function of your skin. The crème also contains powerful antioxidants and ant inflammatory agents to soothe and protect your skin.
You will have one to two days that your skin will be red and feel dry, the third and fourth days following your peel; your dead skin will slough off.
ZO SKIN CONTROLLED DEPTH PEEL ®™
ZO Skin Controlled Depth Peel ®™ is an advanced product, designed for in-office usage. The product is recommended for those who have severe skin texture damage, laxity and scarring. This service may only be provided by our trained physicians, nurse practitioners and registered nurse.
Benefits of ZO ® Skin Controlled Depth Peel ™
There is a huge list of benefits that this product gives to the user. Some of the benefits that ZO ® Skin Controlled Depth Peel ™ provides are the following:
– It tightens the skin and decreases fine lines and wrinkles
– The product is not restricted to be combined with other products, which will make the procedure more beneficial
– It can easily be mixed with TCA
– ZO ® Skin Controlled Depth Peel ™ is anti-inflammatory
How to Use ZO ® Skin Controlled Depth Peel ™
For receiving the desired effect, patients should use the product properly and timely. Following the instruction is a significant process for the right procedure.
So, ZO ® Skin Controlled Depth Peel ™ will be applied in the following way:
Clean the skin using alcohol (note: do not use acetone, because it can cause skin irritation and increase the redness). This peel with TCA 30% (trichloracetic acid) is used to medically treat the various skin condition of acne, wrinkles, fine lines, skin pigmentation disorders, and sun damage.
TCA is a non-toxic chemical that is used by medical professionals to perform therapeutic skin peels. When TCA is applied to the skin it cause surface skin cells to dehydrate and then peel off over a period of several days to one week. When the surface skin peels away, it exposes a new layer of undamaged skin, which has a smoother texture and a more even skin tone. Finally, the blue peel should be applied all over the face.