In order to minimize the risk of possible side effects and complications of injections please follow these simple steps:
- Do NOT consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible for a period of 2 weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Schedule your Dermal Filler and Botox / Dysport appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation. Results from the Dermal Filler and Botox / Dysport / Jeuveau injections will take approximately 4 to 7 days to begin to appear. Fillers look best at 30 days post treatment and Botox / Dysport / Jeuveau has it's maximum effect by 14 days. Bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time period but will resolve. Sculptra does take longer to see results so plan accordingly with your provider.
- Discontinue Retin-A 4 days before and 4 days after treatment.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
- If you have a history of cold sores please let your provider know, they may put you on an anti-viral medication prior to treatment.
- Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- Plan to come for your treatment without wearing make-up, mascara or skin care depending on the treatment area. This is essential. Face wash is available prior to treatment.
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
If you are going to be receiving ANY Botox, Dysport, Jeuveau, Juvederm, Versa+ or Restylane Fillers: Please CLICK on our BOOKING PAGE to join BOTH Brilliant Distinctions AND Aspire Rewards for savings emailed to you by our pharmaceutical partners which make it easier to pay for the medical aesthetic services you desire! It only takes a few minutes and Viola! you are "in the club". Remind your provider to enter your treatments onto your Rewards accounts so you can begin saving money! HERE YA GO: https://www.luxnatural.com/contact
Post-Treatment Botox / Dysport
- Do NOT manipulate the treated area for 3 hours following treatment. Do NOT receive facial/ laser treatments, microneedling or microdermabrasion after Botox / Dysport / Jeuveau injections for at least 14 days. Ask your provider if you are not sure about the time frame of certain services.
- Some providers believe that smiling and frowning right after Botox / Dysport / Jeuveau treatments helps the neurotoxin find its way to the muscle into which it was injected after treated.
- Do NOT lie down for 4 hours after your Botox / Dysport / Jeuveau treatment. This will prevent the medication from tracking into the orbit of your eye and causing drooping eyelid.
- It can take approximately 7 to 14 days for results to be seen. If the desired result is not seen after 2 weeks post treatment you may need additional Botox / Dysport / Jeuveau. You are charged for the amount of product used. Therefore, you will be charged for a product used during any touch-up or subsequent appointments.
- Do NOT perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 6 hours after treatment. This will keep the Botox / Dysport / Jeuveau in the injected area and not elsewhere.
- If you had an eyebrow lift, it is not uncommon for one eyebrow to raise before the other eyebrow. If this is seen, it is usually resolved within 2 days.
- If you receive treatment for forehead wrinkles and your forehead feels heavy at anytime during the first 14 days, this is a common experience. Any relaxation of the forehead muscles can look and feel heavy post treatment when the medication is taking effect. Wait your full 14 days and report this to your provider if the feeling persist for further evaluation.
Post-Treatment Instructions Dermal Filler (Juvederm and Restylane)
- Avoid significant movement or massage of the treated area. Unless instructed by the provider. If massage is required to address any treatment areas, notify your injector for a post treatment visit for an evaluation and treatment.
- Bruising is common with any injection. Ice will minimize bruising. If you have any bruise that seems concerning, contact your injector for an immediate follow up. Most often the injector can resolve your concerns with an assessment and possibly manipulation of the treatment filler area with massage. Report your concerns quickly for the best treatment options after receiving dermal fillers.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid extensive sun or heat for 72 hours.
- Avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salts to avoid excess swelling.
- If you have swelling you may apply a cool compress for 15 - 20 minutes minutes each hour.
- Use Tylenol for discomfort.
- Try to sleep face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling.
- If you received filler in your midface region, do not lie on your face. This can cause flattening of the filler to the augmented treatment area.
- Lip Augmentation requires frequent application of ice packs to lips for 48 hours to control swelling. Lips will swell for about 3 days then swelling will decrease within a week. This is a very important part of your post treatment patient responsibilities for optimal results.
- Any treatment area which seems uneven within a few days post treatment is likely due to swelling. Once swelling is resolved, any touch ups needed will be addressed by your provider at your follow up visit.
- Take Arnica to help the bruising and swelling, start at least 2 days prior to injections. It is available over the counter in oral tablets and topical get at most pharmacies.
- Schedule your follow up appointment by booking online with your injector 14 to 28 days post treatment date. A follow up appointment is required with all injectable procedures.